SERVICE DESIGN FOR HOLA CHEF
Hola Chef is a service that brings variety of cuisines by Chefs around the corner at your door step. The service has two stake holders - The Chefs who want to sell their food and the Foodies who want to order. The assignment was to study their current service and create its blue print along with another improved blue print.
CURRENT BLUE PRINT DESIGN
PAIN POINTS FOR CHEF
Team responsible for deciding menu is not participatory and is completely based on order trend on the platform.
- Quality test should be transparent to the chef and a detailed report should be available for the chef in case of approval or rejection.
- Since the menu is based on order trends, many chefs are not receiving enough orders and they do not find any reason to continue with Holachef.
- Feedback from users are not viewable for the chefs.
- Renumeration period is not flexible.
PAIN POINTS FOR END USER (FOODIE)
- Verification of locality: The pincode is not prompted and often cause the user to restart the process from the checkout.
- Effort and time of the user is wasted because the unavailability of the slots are not mentioned. Dish details like quantity remaining, servings, real photos are not available.
- After placing order, it takes more than 1 hour to get it delivered. There is no tracking of the order during this period, resulting into confusion and anxiety about the order status.
- Cancellation/Refund/Replacement policies are not mentioned anywhere. Users has to contact the customer care helpline for any such queries.
- Reviews are not accessible to the end user, which could have made the decision making easier for the user.
- Favourites list should be available and user should be notified if there are any available.
PROPOSED BLUE PRINT DESIGN
FOR END USER (FOODIE)
- Pincode can be auto-detected or should be prompted on every visit to confirm.
- The unavailable slots should be evident and users should be notified regarding the order limit.
- Order tracking should be available - both status and ETA.
- Cancellation/Refund/Replacement policies should be mentioned and available for the user without relying on the helpline.
- Reviews should be accessible to the end user, feedback will help other users to make decisions.
- Keep the user updated in case of any delay or delivery failure.
- Menu team must be participatory and include chefs to keep them committed.
- Renumeration period should be flexible, as per the requirements of the chef.
- To maintain order flow, chef’s visibility should be extended to a larger area.
- Showcase other services that the chefs offer, to increase business for them.
- Include variety of cuisine to create opportunity for more chefs.
- Add regional and festival special recipes to increase the seasonal demand.
- 24x7 service to involve chefs working in other time slots (night shift).
- Create support staff and equipment for party orders
- Holachef community for referals, idea exchange and feedback sharing